We look forward to welcoming your child to the best place to learn! The Richmond School District is happy to provide
an online registration option to families. Please complete the following form, ensuring that all required fields are
accurate and complete.
This registration form is for current Richmond, BC residents only. Only families currently living in Richmond should complete this form.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure you have all your required documents ready to upload before you begin the registration form. You will be required to upload photos or scanned images of required documents. Your registration will not complete until all required documents have been received and verified by Central Registration staff.
Required Documents for Registration:
Please note that ALL documents provided need to be in parent(s)/legal guardian(s)’ name and current address.
(1) Student’s Original Birth Certificate with parents’ names (If the original document is not in English, please bring the original translation by a Certified Translator)
(2) Student’s and Both Parents’ Original Proof of Status in Canada:
* Valid Permanent Resident card or Landing document with passport
* Canadian passport or Citizenship card or Canadian birth certificate
(3) Three (3) Pieces of Residential Proof
* Current property tax notice or property assessment notice
* Long-term residential tenancy agreement
* BC driver’s license, BC Services Card or BCID card
* Local Canadian bank document and/or local credit card document
* Current utility bill or service provider bill (Hydro, Fortis, Telus, Shaw, etc.)
* Signed contract of purchase and sale with completion date, possession date, subjects removed and a copy of deposit draft
* CRA Tax Return Notice of Assessment (current year, front page only)
(4) Other documents requested for each student (if available/applicable)
* Legal custody documents (if applicable)
* Signed consent letter and passport copy (if only one parent is present in Richmond)
* Last school report card or school transcript of marks is required for Gr. 8-12
* Immunization record (health record)
* Documents or reports regarding learning support or medical diagnosis
* We reserve the right to request additional documents if required *
This online form is the first step in your registration application.
After you have submitted the online registration form with your required documents, a staff member from the Central Registration Office will contact you via phone to discuss next steps for your application.
During periods of high registration volume, it may take up to 10 days for our staff to contact you. Thank you for your patience.
If you are not able to complete this form or have specific questions about the required documents, please call the Central Registration Office at 604-668-6058.
A student will normally attend the school located in the catchment area in which their parents or legal guardians reside unless
there is no physical, resource or program space available.
Currently, the above provision may need to be applied more frequently, potentially resulting in more students needing placement
outside their catchment school. In this case, students will be placed at a nearby school by the District Administrator for Central